may we all be heard
words are bells
let them ring!


Thom World Poet Austin, Texas, USA
Global Radical networker and activist for promoting the live Creative Arts,
at every possible opportunity, especially in his home-city, Austin, Texas, USA


Friday, July 8, 2011

Le Bon Temps Roule


 was a FARMVILLE addict(for a week)
i would ask for trees and friends to swap assets
No money was ever exchanged /but my farm was real
(in a SECOND LIFE sense ,like virtual sex)
It was addictive to add cows and goats and crops
to have that imaginary farmer mock experience
without worrying about dust or drought or blight.
I did not buy an UNWITHER RING
nor purchase a CHARRO GNOME
I was no whale of an investor-just along for the free ride
But it took time,and energy,and concentration
I had to decide between real friends and my virtual farm
I tried CITYVILLE-but the ethical considerations the same-
does one(with a limited life)build in this life or the next?
Every Catholic must ask this question at some time
Every saint and sinner ponder.Every blogger,website designer,poster of information
Are we to fight MAFIA WARS on our streets or in hyperspace?
I may have left the farm ,come to the city-
but you can still find me hanging around
on FACEBOOK(not yet GOOGLE+
(at least virtually...

No comments:

Post a Comment