may we all be heard
words are bells
let them ring!


Thom World Poet Austin, Texas, USA
Global Radical networker and activist for promoting the live Creative Arts,
at every possible opportunity, especially in his home-city, Austin, Texas, USA


Wednesday, February 2, 2011

we are THE OTHER

fear makes me smaller-i shrink from view
cannot engage with you-afraid of what you will do-
torture/rendition/punishment/prison
if i am foreign or of a status-
too young,too poor,too black,too loving,your
Light makes me in darkness when
i am afraid of you /what you will do

i am uniform,reduce myself.cut hair to bone
follow orders.i can truncheon those not in order
punish those out of line/imprison myself via regulations
die for orders of someone on the back line

i am native,indigenous.my cultures/heritage
made war upon via imported divergence.i do not understand this.
alignment with wind,water,earth,sky makes sense
(there is no other home than this-and these
who say they follow gods deny ours
we only wish to follow our ancestors

i am critic/distant as death.i see from distance(perspective)
i remove myself from the equation/yet cast aspersions
upon any act of creation out of the norm
i am death to the unborn.bitter wind me.authority.

i am unknown(without form)
water knows me(flow and fill,tide and moon)
weather knows me(unpredictable)
you know me more by effects than source
all of us live within you/sit round your campfire
to which one(s) will you give voice?

No comments:

Post a Comment