may we all be heard
words are bells
let them ring!


Thom World Poet Austin, Texas, USA
Global Radical networker and activist for promoting the live Creative Arts,
at every possible opportunity, especially in his home-city, Austin, Texas, USA


Friday, November 12, 2010

RITUAL HABITUAL

i use habit to deal with forgetfulness
senior moments /gaps/ellipses
i carry keys to my cages around my neck
like some ancient mariner's albatross
i place objects in certain fixed spaces
so i can return like indigenous
and know the place for the very first time
I repeat rituals like pill taking
at certain defined hours (as per instructions)
i go to the same places when traveling
as a form of reassurance
that some things do not change
(like me)-even when hair disappear
body weight remains,with extra layers
due to sedentary patterns of behavior
I do not know if i will always be this way-
i find change hard,so stick within comfort zones
Tomorrow is today with extra time to repeat
that which has sufficed for so long is enough for me
Ritual habitual -circles within spirals-ad infinitum. Zen./
Need i say this again?

No comments:

Post a Comment