may we all be heard
words are bells
let them ring!


Thom World Poet Austin, Texas, USA
Global Radical networker and activist for promoting the live Creative Arts,
at every possible opportunity, especially in his home-city, Austin, Texas, USA


Monday, March 12, 2012

MAGDALENA LOVES NERUDA

"My son/he is 18/he get a tattoo of Neruda
you know Neruda?(i quote"sometimes i am tired of being a man..."
"Send me to my phone this poem"
"Magdalena-i cannot text-and i do not know your email"
"I send you my email-send me this Neruda"
He would be pleased.Lines from half a century
still sing to this young man in love.In Spanish,in Chile
in Mexico,in deep South barrio Austin,a tattoo will be etched
with the words of this poet.Poesia will sketch a life of young lovers-
outlined as permanent as love itself-where the love of these life lines
sustains and explains the tongue-blocked young
to every one who will read his storied skin..and
"sometimes i am tired of being a man...

No comments:

Post a Comment