may we all be heard
words are bells
let them ring!


Thom World Poet Austin, Texas, USA
Global Radical networker and activist for promoting the live Creative Arts,
at every possible opportunity, especially in his home-city, Austin, Texas, USA


Thursday, February 16, 2012

giving it all away

i began with what i owned-books,records,loves
when they left,i released myself
arm by arm,organ by organ-
fingernails,dandruff,sweat stains,blood
most had a cycle and a season(like bullfighting/like war
some objected ot their peremptory departures
vowing never to return again.Yet here they are(like moons-
wanting to be a part of something they left long ago-
religion,belief,cynicism,cool distance.All know their place
They claim it is with me.I left these moods on a beach
waiting for a tide to take them Yet here they are again-
like starshells and flotsam/and i have no more space in my heart
It already has so many emotions excess baggage pasts
i want to give myself away to something
no thing claims me.It all passes,temporary
I only have this time with you.Eternities.

No comments:

Post a Comment