may we all be heard
words are bells
let them ring!


Thom World Poet Austin, Texas, USA
Global Radical networker and activist for promoting the live Creative Arts,
at every possible opportunity, especially in his home-city, Austin, Texas, USA


Wednesday, February 8, 2012

RIGHT OF RETURN

Aboriginal,for initiation,i return to my learning wall
to ask my elders how to live.I ask the mystics first-
Rumi,Kabir,Hafiz,Blake.They delight me with Sufi trickery
Nature next-Li Po,Lao Tzu,Li Bai,Basho,Mary Oliver,Gary Snyder
Then confessionals-Anne Sexton,Erica Jong,D H Lawrence,Bukowski,Olds,Neruda
My Dutch friends include Simon Vinkenoog and Hans Plomp
Europeans? Wislawa Symborska,Czeslaw Milosz!
Russians?Mayakovsky,Akhmatova
French?Villon!Other? Fernando Pessoa,Nancy Willard
Naomi Shihab Nye,Dylan Thomas,Carl Sandburg,e e cummings
These call me back time and again to offer more
What matters most is what their lives and lines offer us
Most are gone-the living sing of our times
the rest must last via interpretation /translation
It is love and wisdom their pearl gifting
This is why i give them -right of returning!

YOUR TOP 10 POETS ARE??????????..........

No comments:

Post a Comment