may we all be heard
words are bells
let them ring!


Thom World Poet Austin, Texas, USA
Global Radical networker and activist for promoting the live Creative Arts,
at every possible opportunity, especially in his home-city, Austin, Texas, USA


Sunday, January 15, 2012

CROCKETT HIGH SCHOOL

i am supply teaching-assigned to ISS
where the culturals and the criminals mix
in a portable detention room/warning them of cells to come
I am to assign them useless work to waste their time
they are curious and seek to distract me-
"what sort of music do i like""who are my fave rap artists?"
i learn just how out of touch i am when they snort and snigger
at my lack of familiarity with their peer group musicians
Some wish to educate me-others just to stay distant and cool
I know of gangs,colors,codes and street lingo
but am of an age when none of these were born
and Mods and Rockers were the apartheid i grew up with
We are all strange species-here for menial offenses
Mine is the failure of my art form (to generate prosperity/credibility)
They are here for speaking ,disrupting,laughing or being inappropriate
A strange respect and solidarity -as temporary as detention-settle in
I do not have to threaten to know i cannot win

No comments:

Post a Comment