may we all be heard
words are bells
let them ring!


Thom World Poet Austin, Texas, USA
Global Radical networker and activist for promoting the live Creative Arts,
at every possible opportunity, especially in his home-city, Austin, Texas, USA


Friday, January 13, 2012

HOW I BECAME A HOLOGRAM

i actually started as a pen with a nib.i required a jar of ink.
i grew in to a fountain pen.Learned calligraphy.
Letters were nothing to me.Pensmanship came easily!
Next i was introduced to a typewriter.(Olivetti-very portable!
Years were spent in this relationship.We rarely parted.Together,letter by letter.
Ribbons i would replace for her!Erasers to hide my mistakes.
Soon i was lines,then poems,then little books.
Days of Letraset,blue ink mimeograph,then typeset.
I was becoming PROFESSIONAL!Years passed(as years do
the rest of the world moved on from page to TV tube.
I stayed a radio(community)-page bound and reading
(i could not see the writing on the walls)
Computers with valves and paper codes gave way to printed circuits
I avoided change as long as possible.Finally,friends compassionately tutored me
I became addicted to email.Now i have a blog and a website(see below!
GOOGLE tells me every thing i want to know.I watch YOUTUBE competitively
and exchange news items obsessively .Yes(you see)-this used to be a real man
Now i am -just a virtual online hologram.GOOGLE ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment