may we all be heard
words are bells
let them ring!


Thom World Poet Austin, Texas, USA
Global Radical networker and activist for promoting the live Creative Arts,
at every possible opportunity, especially in his home-city, Austin, Texas, USA


Friday, January 20, 2012

sublinguals

My dreams are Gaelic/Celtic
yet when i return to Ireland-it is country/western
My old country had 300 Aboriginal (pre-us)-now barely 65
Pure blood tongue so hard to find-stories lost in the stream
I wake up sweating in American-Guanatanamo,Bagram ,waterboarding
Acronyms haunt -TSA,CIA,FBI,APD,AISD,FCC
I know there are alphabets i will never know
stories ancestors repeated long ago
so we would never forget Odysseys ,Great Wars,Armistice
Circles resurrect as in water with a haiku stone dropped
(Japanese printed occupation money/tortured my fathers)
(Turks machinegunned my grand fathers @Gallipoli)
(when i speak Vietnamese,it means restaurants,not conscription)
Tongues rattle dialects impelling flames and Buddha
Tibet chants(never in Chinese).Voices still calling-
to learn i must re-learn-ask questions of my dreaming
This is why i go to Libraries,sit with elders
ask them what this means!

No comments:

Post a Comment