may we all be heard
words are bells
let them ring!


Thom World Poet Austin, Texas, USA
Global Radical networker and activist for promoting the live Creative Arts,
at every possible opportunity, especially in his home-city, Austin, Texas, USA


Saturday, October 9, 2010

i have loved you all my life

born in slow suburbs,where sleep was recreation
drawn to the magnet of ley lines,to my living Stonehenge
i have loved you all my life.O City-how predictable you are!
Crowds commute /they enter you/do their business/withdraw
safe in their dormitory suburbs.I stay because there is no end to you
Every city the same and not Lines drawn (Brasilia,Canberra).Plots
Next,a surge of migrants.Construction.From village to town to polis
a leap of panthers.Mutants in your Town Halls.Citizen Zoos.
Shank's ponies to cycle,steam to gas,industry,heat trapped
Stress and pressure from the lack of touch.Parking problems
So you rise high in Towers.Dense your urban orbs.
Core Gold Castles.Sprawl strips development.Mauls.
Whole lines of disenfranchised.City history migration archaeology
I love your anonymity.Your uniform architecture.Your machine robot skyline
I love the way you allow me in and then deny.I have been with better
They treated me as golden guest/but temporarily
Each city loves generically.You can skim mosquito surfaces
Sink deeper and the rot of stories fills stink alleys.
Tourists click and photograph.I live in you and love
the fact that no one can own you over time you are your own
creation/Mayors change,buildings demolish,roads break
bridges over waters..process over contents.
You are as anonymous as i am.

No comments:

Post a Comment