may we all be heard
words are bells
let them ring!


Thom World Poet Austin, Texas, USA
Global Radical networker and activist for promoting the live Creative Arts,
at every possible opportunity, especially in his home-city, Austin, Texas, USA


Monday, October 25, 2010

older.elder(61)

clothes that used to fit
now retro

teeth at risk
of becoming false

eyes see less
(don't ask,don't tell)

legs walk
to the car

memory?
wha...?
(senior moments)

you told me something...
do you remember?

all my friends
look old

someone stole my mirror
(that's not me?)

i had something important to share

can you come back later?

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to see you buying into this stereotype!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am not
    just playing !
    it was written for my friends who do!
    my teeth original;
    my hair still here
    my eyes see clear
    i am fully present here

    ReplyDelete