may we all be heard
words are bells
let them ring!


Thom World Poet Austin, Texas, USA
Global Radical networker and activist for promoting the live Creative Arts,
at every possible opportunity, especially in his home-city, Austin, Texas, USA


Friday, October 21, 2011

MYTHOPHOBIA


I am the myth of myself and i steal from my own stories
I am James Brown Godfather of Soul shooting my mistress
I am the working class hero (just follow me)(with a gun...
I am Norman Mailer @the Democratic National Convention
I am Miami and the Siege of Chicago
I an Hunter S Thompson's soul in Johnny Depp's roleplay
I am the myth of Jack Kerouac(motherloving Catholic alcoholy wreck)
I am Frog Prince Ginsberg (outlasting all the genuine ones/replacing them
I am media made ,accomplice to drug/drinking culture
I blow things up and shoot in stoned deserts
I see visions and hallucinate among Republicans
I write dervish scripts for dancing minds still young
I smoke like a fire that cannot put itself out
I am consumed with this play of ostentatious consciousness
I am aware this is a fragile paper chase-i am the park ,the litter and the dog
I am the newspaper /magazine i come wrapped in
I decide when i will leave here-you cannot forget
I am larger than your life(even my own
I am Salvador Dali and Mick Jagger and Andy Warhol
Charles Bukowski,Baudelaire,Rimbaud
My time is gold and marijuana kisses
You will not see the like of me again
I left myself long ago-now this wolf moves in
imitating my Greatest Hits.

No comments:

Post a Comment