may we all be heard
words are bells
let them ring!


Thom World Poet Austin, Texas, USA
Global Radical networker and activist for promoting the live Creative Arts,
at every possible opportunity, especially in his home-city, Austin, Texas, USA


Friday, July 16, 2010

POLITICS OF PERSONAL EXPERIENCE

I want my dentist and my doctor to be conservative-
to be rational,empirical,responsible,reasonable people
I would prefer they had no political agenda
that they embrace technology(slowly!
and have a healthy respect for our mutual survival.
I do not subscribe to any aspect of violence
and would prefer peaceful solutions that are not radical
I will listen when they hear me(when my teeth are holy!-
and follow best advice for healthy survival
This goes for other professionals-
although i do not care if our plumber is an alcoholic
or our mailman a raving Marxist
but why must commentators always be so rightwing?
Certain professions have a degree of tolerance.
Interior designers may entertain a feminine side
Painters lifestyle indulgence-artists do as they will
so long as what they make finds audience
Same with musicians,creators,writers-
they have a tendency to self-indulgence
which their subscribers tend to encourage
But not police-they need to be clear,conscious,fair and above reproach
even more than judges(for whom we vote)
I would not want a fat fireman,nor a sloppy food service person
And personal grooming matters when health and hygiene
publically and privately demand high standards
So when you ask this poet -do you believe in censorship?
My answer is always OFF THE RECORD-but i quote Roman Polanski-
"I believe in astrology-but i do not want my airline pilot
to believe in astrology!".SPEAK FOR YOUR SELF!

No comments:

Post a Comment