may we all be heard
words are bells
let them ring!


Thom World Poet Austin, Texas, USA
Global Radical networker and activist for promoting the live Creative Arts,
at every possible opportunity, especially in his home-city, Austin, Texas, USA


Friday, July 16, 2010

WRITING MY MEMOIR

I am 83,and it is time-
I have stories,and love,and smiles
Settle down and listen for a while...
You see,my first love was music-
I would sit by the sea of waves
Imbibe the smoke of fires
watch as boats of lyrics
stole the strings of my heart
Music is still a love-jazz!
though I have outlived its practitioners
Theater caught me next
I was an actor/actress
live theater-much,small,smart
it took my heart so much
I ended up in many Texas films
It turned me into a blonde
It helped me be big and brassy and bold!
I was not prepared for poetry-it took me
when I had emotions.Words came-like weeds
My garden tangled by its intensity-
I spoke of emotional cats and dogs ,lantana,love-
of human rights and women deserving respect
I only had to leave her when
all the troupes and books and opened mikes
could not change my world to peace
You see,I have to write this memoir while I can
I know that you will understand..
I came to leave..

No comments:

Post a Comment